Recipe (gluten-free, corn-free, rice-free, soy-free, casein-free, egg-free)
3 cups quinoa, rinsed then soaked for 8-24hours
1/2 c green split peas, rinsed and soaked with quinoa
1 1/2 cups water
2 t salt
1/2 cup grape seed oil
1/4 pack stevia or just a large pinch
- Drain quinoa and peas, give a quick rinse and blend on high with the water, oil, stevia and salt until smooth @45sec.
For pizza stone
- Heat pizza stone while preheating oven. 400 degrees. When stone is pre-heated, brush the stone with ghee or coconut oil. Cook 3-4 tortillas at a time about 7-10 min each side. The finishing product should be slightly toasty. (the first batch will cook very fast, but then cooking time will even out to about 7-10min each side)
- To flip these tortillas use a thin wire spatula. You may need to add some downward pressure on the spatula to loosen tortilla before you can flip.
- Pour about 1/3 cup each tortilla. Use a rubber spatula to smooth the tortilla out in a round motion- quickly so they begin to get a thin smooth crust as they start to cook.
- Brush stone with a little oil before a new batch.
For Frying Pan
- 1. On medium/low heat, pour 1/3- 1/2 cup into the frying pan and use a spoon in a circular motion to thin it to a tortilla
- Flip after 5 minutes
- Repeat with the rest of the batter, coating the pan with oil every few tortillas