1 cup brown rice flour
3/4 cup sorghum flour
1/2 cup arrowroot
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground cardamom
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp xanthun gum
1/2 cup coconut oil
scant 1/2 cup maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
4 tbsp fresh lemon juice
3 eggs OR 3 egg yolks plus one chia egg**
1 lrg pear (about 1 cup), minced
grated zest of 1 lemon
- In a large bowl combine all dry ingredients and mix throughly.
- In a medium bowl whisk together coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla, lemon, and eggs.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Stir in minced pear.
- Bake on 325. Grease your baking pan of choice. If baking in a bread pan cook for about 45-50min. If cooking in a 9 or 10 inch cake pan, bake for about 25min.
- Optional Glaze: 1 1/2 cup pear juice simmered down to a syrup. (simmer for about 15min.) Add a sprinkle of cinnamon, pinch salt and a drizzle of maple syrup. Pour over top for a sticky finger pear bread.
** 1 Chia Egg = 1 tbsp ground chia seeds and 3 tbsp water