Recipe (gluten-free, casein-free, soy-free, nut-free, egg-free, corn-free)
For 24 cookies
1 1/2cup sorghum
1 1/2 cup brown rice flour
1 cup tapioca flour
1 cup scant maple syrup (Grade B has lower glycemic index)
3/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 grape seed oil
1/2 cup ghee
1 cup apple sauce
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp xanthun gum
3 tbsp xylitol
4 tbsp ground chia (or finely ground flax)
1 tsp salt
about 1/2-3/4 cup chocolate chips (Enjoy Life brand is allergen-free)
- In a medium bowl, mix the ground chia seeds with wet ingredients: maple syrup, oils, ghee, apple sauce. Whisk and let sit for 10 min so the chia can gel.
- In a large bowl, mix dry ingredients. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients.
- Chill in refrigerator for 15-20min.
- Make cookies: 2 rounded tbsp each cookie. Roll and shape into a circle
- Bake for 12-14 min in the oven at 350.
- Cool on a cooling rack before storing. Stack in between pieces of wax paper.