If you would like to get the manual bag sealer for $23.99 on Amazon, click on this link.
RECIPE for Breakfast Bars
2 cups cooked and mashed sweet potato or butternut squash
1 cup cooked amaranth, quinoa or buckwheat grain (soak 1/2 cup uncooked)
1 cup cooked green apple or pear
1/4 c ghee
1/4 c hemp seeds
2 tbsp chia or flax + 6 tbsp water
8 packets stevia (2 tsp)
2 dropper full of liquid vanilla creme stevia
1 tbsp vanilla extract
4 1/2 cups toasted quinoa flakes (toast in oven at 350 for 10 min stirring occasionally and let cool)
1 tsp xanthum/guar gum
1 c tapioca or arrowroot flour
1/4 tsp salt + pinch extra
* Chocolate Topping- About 1/3 cup flax or chia, 1/3 tbsp cacao, 1 dropper full vanilla stevia and 2 pinches salt. Drizzle on a little grape seed oil and whisk with a fork to barely coat each granule.
* Vanilla Topping- 1/3 c coconut flour, 1/3 c ground flax or chia, stevia, salt, grape seed oil and whisk with a fork to barely coat each granule.
- Soak 1/2 cup amaranth grain overnight. Cook in small pan with 1 c water- 15 minutes or until all water is absorbed. Stir every once in a while.
- Peel and cut sweet potatoes into one inch chunks. Steam in 1 inch of water for about 12 minutes until soft. (you will need about 4 cups cubed raw sweet potato to equal 2 cups cooked)
- Chop up one large green apple and steam in a little water until soft. Drain extra water (or reserve for your liquid in your chia egg)
- You now have all of your cooked ingredients. Measure appropriate amounts of cooked sweet potato, amaranth, and pear or apple and place all in your blender. Add in ghee, hemp seeds, chia or flax egg, stevia and vanilla. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- In a large bowl, combine quinoa flakes, arrowroot, xanthun gum and salt.
- Pour the blended ingredients in with the dry ingredients and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Brush ghee on a cookie sheet and press on a sheet of parchment paper. Then brush ghee on parchment. Pour batter onto parchment and spread out mixture. It should be about 1/2 inch high.
- Mix together your topping of choice. Sprinkle over top to cover the whole surface. Take a fork and poke holes in about 6 places.
Bake at 350 for 25 min.
Cut into 14-16 rectangle bars.